Can't install pspp
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-04 19:02:25 UTC
Hello all users,

I first followed the instructions to get LibCxx on Older Systems, and am currently trying to install pspp.

It fails when trying to build mcu dependency with error:
http://pastebin.com/pBbhSJ7X

From what I understand it's related to llvm that was supposed to be updated from the previous procedure.

How to solve?

Thanks,
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-04 20:45:32 UTC
Post by [ftp83plus]
Hello all users,
I first followed the instructions to get LibCxx on Older Systems, and am currently trying to install pspp.
http://pastebin.com/pBbhSJ7X
From what I understand it's related to llvm that was supposed to be updated from the previous procedure.
How to solve?
That's not a clean build log. Please "sudo port clean icu", try again, if it fails again show us the new main.log.
[ftp83plus]

Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-05 17:16:54 UTC
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/7UGKSVmm
The log says:

:info:build ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib

What's the output of:

port -v installed libcxx
lipo -info /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-05 18:32:10 UTC
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/7UGKSVmm
:info:build ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
port -v installed libcxx
lipo -info /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
That is:
Non-fat file: /usr/lib/libc++.dylib is architecture: x86_64
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-05 18:35:38 UTC
Post by [ftp83plus]
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/7UGKSVmm
:info:build ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
port -v installed libcxx
lipo -info /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
Non-fat file: /usr/lib/libc++.dylib is architecture: x86_64
Ok, well you're building ncurses with the universal variant, which means it needs libcxx to be universal, but it's not. Reinstall it with the universal variant:

sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants libcxx +universal
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-05 18:55:03 UTC
Wasn't libcxx supposed to be already +universal as per LibcxxOnOlderSystems?

Anyway, the upgrade variant command yields an error upon building gperf:
http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-05 18:59:32 UTC
Post by [ftp83plus]
Wasn't libcxx supposed to be already +universal as per LibcxxOnOlderSystems?
Yes, it was. Its universal variant is default on now. Any idea why it was not installed universal on your system? Do you maybe have "-universal" listed in your variants.conf?
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp
gperf is having the same problem:

:info:build ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libc++.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/lib/libc++.dylib

This seems like something of a circular dependency.

I don't think you should have encountered this problem, but I don't know why you did.
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-06 12:13:03 UTC
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
Wasn't libcxx supposed to be already +universal as per LibcxxOnOlderSystems?
Yes, it was. Its universal variant is default on now. Any idea why it was not installed universal on your system? Do you maybe have "-universal" listed in your variants.conf?
Actually no, the only explicit variant is +llvm38
Post by Ryan Schmidt
http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp
Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
2016-08-06 20:11:35 UTC
Hey Pat,

Please edit macports.conf to have clang-3.7 be the default instead of clang-3.8 as there are a couple C++ header issues with 3.8 on Snow Leopard (eg: with math.h).

Regarding libcxx, I suspect you had libcxx installed -universal from before +universal became the default variant, do:

sudo port -v -s -n upgrade --enforce-variants libcxxabi +universal
sudo port -v -s -n upgrade --enforce-variants libcxx +universal

--Jeremy
Post by [ftp83plus]
Post by Ryan Schmidt
http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-07 00:41:24 UTC
Hello,

macports.conf currently reads:
cxx_stdlib libc++
buildfromsource always
delete_la_files yes
default_compilers macports-clang-3.7 macports-clang-3.4 macports-clang-3.3 gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0

I installed the required variants as per your instructions, cleaned pspp, then ran again. It fails trying python34 with log:
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Post by [ftp83plus]
Post by Ryan Schmidt
http://pastebin.com/6UwSr7Cp
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-07 01:11:27 UTC
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
Jeremy Sequoia
2016-08-07 01:50:31 UTC
Sent from my iPhone...
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
This has been a problem for a while now. What is blocking a fix (can you point me to the ticket?) If one isn't coming soon, we should rollback libedit.
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-07 01:58:54 UTC
Post by Jeremy Sequoia
Sent from my iPhone...
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
This has been a problem for a while now. What is blocking a fix (can you point me to the ticket?) If one isn't coming soon, we should rollback libedit.
This is the ticket I know of:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51891
Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
2016-08-07 07:16:40 UTC
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by Jeremy Sequoia
Sent from my iPhone...
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
This has been a problem for a while now. What is blocking a fix (can you point me to the ticket?) If one isn't coming soon, we should rollback libedit.
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51891
Thanks. Fixed, so no need to use +readline.

r151094
[ftp83plus]
2016-08-12 01:14:34 UTC
Hello,

thanks for the fix, I am now able to run pspp.

Pat
Post by Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by Jeremy Sequoia
Sent from my iPhone...
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
This has been a problem for a while now. What is blocking a fix (can you point me to the ticket?) If one isn't coming soon, we should rollback libedit.
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51891
Thanks. Fixed, so no need to use +readline.
r151094_______________________________________________
macports-users mailing list
Ryan Schmidt
2016-08-07 03:10:59 UTC
Post by Ryan Schmidt
Post by [ftp83plus]
http://pastebin.com/L3wVdHKT
Use the +readline variant.
Should I add it in the variants.conf?
No, it's just relevant to the python ports. Just install the python34 port with +readline.

sudo port clean python34
sudo port install python34 +readline
Jeremy Sequoia
2016-08-07 01:46:03 UTC
That's a bug in libedit. There is probably a ticket on it already. I just pegged my libedit port at the older version to keep everything working.

Sent from my iPhone...
Hello,
Post by [ftp83plus]
Post by Ryan Schmidt