MacPorts and Mojave
Achille Fiore
2018-11-13 08:56:22 UTC
Hello. I think that I have a problem with the update to Mojave. I was
installing via Macports an ESO pipeline following this procedure "Quick
start" described in
https://www.eso.org/sci/software/pipelines/installation/macports.html .
This pipeline works just if a particular version of Java JDK (namely the
1.8) is installed, differently from mine that was the up-to-date one.Since
I did not notice that before, after I realised it had problems and which
was the underlying issue (the wrong Java JDK version), I had to uninstall
sudo port list installed
I still see the eso-pipelines there. I tried to update with sudo port
selfupdate and then, as prompted,
port upgrade outdated
Error: cfitsio cannot be installed for the configured universal_archs
'x86_64 i386' because it >only supports the arch(s) ''.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Could it be possibly an issue related to the new update Mojave? It seems
that Macports does not recognize anymore my architecture.

Thanks, Achille
Ryan Schmidt
2018-11-14 06:36:51 UTC
Post by Achille Fiore
sudo port list installed
I still see the eso-pipelines there.
Then I guess it's still installed, and if you want to uninstall it, you should do so.

However, note that "port list" does not do what you think it does. See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#portlist
Post by Achille Fiore
I tried to update with sudo port selfupdate and then, as prompted,
port upgrade outdated
Error: cfitsio cannot be installed for the configured universal_archs 'x86_64 i386' because it >only supports the arch(s) ''.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Could it be possibly an issue related to the new update Mojave? It seems that Macports does not recognize anymore my architecture.
The error message needs to be improved. What the error message really means is: You have asked for a port (cfitsio) to be installed with the universal variant (meaning: for both 32-bit and 64-bit), and 32-bit building is not supported on Mojave or later; don't use the universal variant anymore. If you have any ports installed with the universal variant, reinstall them without that variant.