Mojave migration
Ken G. Brown via macports-users
2018-11-12 21:52:42 UTC
Following https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Got to sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt
sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt
Error: we appear to be stuck, exiting...
infinite loop
while executing
"sort_ports $portList"
invoked from within
"set operationList [sort_ports $portList]"
(file "./restore_ports.tcl" line 285)
macOS 10.14.2 Beta (18C38b)

What should I do next?
Thx for any tips.
Ken G. Brown
Christopher Jones

Ken G. Brown
Ryan Schmidt
I'm not sure what situations trigger this error, but I inadvertently committed a circular dependency with the tiff port earlier today. Maybe you happened to be trying it right at the time it was broken. You could "sudo port selfupdate" and try again. If that doesn't fix it, then that wasn't it and you could try Chris's suggestion.
Ken Brown via macports-users
2018-11-13 03:11:20 UTC
Thx.
I’ve since tried individual port installs and that seems to be working fine.
There seems to be a lot in myports.txt that won’t be needed in any case.

Ken G. Brown