mpi headers for armadillo
Add Reply
Marius Schamschula
2018-12-04 13:25:09 UTC
Hi all,

In the PR armadillo: fix error with hdf5 +openmpi [1], we want to fix an issue where hdf5 has been installed with some flavor of mpi. The suggested patch works only for openmpi, but not it’s many sub-ports. The same issue exists for mpich.

I’m looking for a general way to extract the path to mpi.h for the active variant of mpi, rather than hard coding each sub-port (as they constantly change, as new compilers become available).

TIA

[1] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3102

Marius
Marius Schamschula
Ruben Di Battista
2018-12-04 16:28:46 UTC
I don't know if it's a good example but I added the hdf5 variant to vtk
that works as expected with all the variants of mpi. Could you maybe try to
take inspiration from that?
Marius Schamschula
Marius Schamschula
2018-12-04 16:43:23 UTC
Ruben,

I was hoping not to create all those mpi variants, but that seems to be the simplest solution!
I don't know if it's a good example but I added the hdf5 variant to vtk that works as expected with all the variants of mpi. Could you maybe try to take inspiration from that?
Hi all,
In the PR armadillo: fix error with hdf5 +openmpi [1], we want to fix an issue where hdf5 has been installed with some flavor of mpi. The suggested patch works only for openmpi, but not it’s many sub-ports. The same issue exists for mpich.
I’m looking for a general way to extract the path to mpi.h for the active variant of mpi, rather than hard coding each sub-port (as they constantly change, as new compilers become available).
TIA
[1] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3102 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/3102>
Marius
--