List non-default variants?
Add Reply
Bill Hill
2018-11-25 14:28:35 UTC
Hi, how do I list all installed ports which are *not* the default variant?
Thanks. Bill
Red to red, black to black, switch it on, but stand well back.
Ryan Schmidt
2018-11-25 14:58:24 UTC
Post by Bill Hill
Hi, how do I list all installed ports which are *not* the default variant?
There might not be an easy way to do that...

Why would you like to know? Maybe there's another way we can accomplish your goal.
Ryan Schmidt
2018-11-26 05:45:50 UTC
List the variants and then filter the lines that have [+] at the front with your favorite scripting language?
If you're talking about the output of the "port variants" command, then that shows you what variants are available, but it does not show you which of those variants you have installed, which is what was being asked.

On the other hand, Ii you look at "port -v installed" you see which variants are selected and deselected, but there is no way to distinguish which were selected by you and which were selected because they were defaults at the time.