Removing local ports from the registry
Add Reply
Mark Brethen
2018-11-16 19:37:56 UTC
There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?

Mark Brethen
***@gmail.com
Ken Cunningham
2018-11-16 19:45:02 UTC
if you uninstall them, and then delete them from your local portfile repository, then run portindex in that repository, you should see no sign of them again.

Ken
Mark Brethen
Mark Brethen
2018-11-16 19:49:25 UTC
And then I can manually remove their distfiles folders?

Mark Brethen
Mark Brethen
Ken Cunningham

Mark Brethen
Ryan Schmidt
2018-11-17 00:16:58 UTC
Post by Mark Brethen
There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?
The registry only contains information about installed ports. To remove information about a port from the registry, uninstall it.

The portindex contains information about all ports in your ports tree. I do not know what happens when you delete a portfile from disk--I don't know if the next time you run the portindex command that deleted port will still be in the portindex or if it will be removed. If it remains, you can remove the portindex file and regenerate it from scratch.